The next generation test platform for ASSP and MCUsThe Diamondx test platform extends LTX-Credence's low-cost, high-throughput production test solution platforms to high pin count, higher site count wireless, mobility, consumer ASSP and microcontrollers. Designed to meet the cost drivers IC companies face, Diamondx extends LTXC's leadership in lowering the cost of operations.
There are three key elements to the Diamondx architecture to meet the current and future test requirements for ASSP devices:
Proven test capability from the widely accepted Diamond and X-Series test platforms bring high-density digital, DC, analog instruments as well as technology leading precision analog. SerDes and RF test to the Diamondx test system, making it suitable for testing today's 3G/4G baseband, applications processors and integrated RF ASSP and SiP. Additionally, the Diamondx will continue to be the low cost test provider for testing consumer ASSP; BlueRay DVD player/recorder, High Definition DTV and STB demodulators and decoders, baseband devices, PC peripherals ASSP, as well as 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers, with an architecture to also support increasing test process complexity, like adaptive test, unit level traceability and concurrent test.
- Small footprint, energy efficient, air cooled infrastructure and instruments
- Compliance with Integrated Multi-system Architecture (IMA) technology – enabling the purchase of just the right amount of infrastructure for current needs and upgrading slot count on the production floor if or when required
- Extremely high speed data bus, based on PCI-Express-2 industry standard to support high data, high site count and the emergent adaptive test data payload requirements
Diamondx is a universal slot architecture that allows for 20-slot, 40-slot and 60-slot configurations which can be upgraded on the production floor, using LTX-Credence IMA (Integrated Multi-System Architecture) technology. In addition, Diamondx can accommodate over 5000 pins and can be configured with the following instruments:
- 96-channel digital instrument featuring 200 Mbps operation with per-pin timing, formatting, levels PMUs and scan
- Audio and Video DSP instrumentation with four channels each of analog source and measure covering audio and video applications, in a single slot instrument
- DragonRF providing up to 64 precision Vector Ports and 16 parallel measures, enabling simultaneous octal EVM measurements. Additional a two to one port expander is available for 128 pin RF test
- 8 Lanes of 6.4Gbps SerDes test; 8 differential receive and 8 differential 6.4Gbps channels with 128M symbol memory and built in jitter generation and PRBS/BER
- Range of high-density VIs with 16 or 72 channels of high-precision DPS voltage/current source and measurement capabilities, enabling efficient, cost-effective multi-site testing
- Concurrent test support, enabling the testing of multiple digitial ports, SerDes, analog and RF in parallel
- PCI-Express2 Data Bus configured for up to 80 Gpbs bi-direction transfer between system CPU and test-head
- IMA compliance; the ability to integrate multiple Diamondx test heads on-site, bringing the ability to scale the test head slot count up to meet pin count requirements of multi-site and or new devices
The Diamondx is the third LTX-Credence product
offering IMA compliance.
Some of the innovative instrumentation available for Diamondx includes:
• DragonRF - high performance RF instrumentation
• DPS 16- 16-channel high current device power supply
• DD1096-16/32- The value standard for digital testing
• HDVI- 72-channel high density VI source.
• Multiwave- 8-channel mixed signal instrument providing 4 digitizers and 4 arbitrary waveform generators
• VIS16- 16-channel precision high-voltage VI source
• DIG-HSB- high speed waveform digitizer
• SWG- high performance sequenced waveform generator
DragonRF is designed to deliver high performance RF test
capability for the complete spectrum of connectivity and mobility standards while offering new levels of manufacturing test efficiencies.